Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mt.St Louis Ski Trip on 年 28....

I woke up super early on Saturday, 6:30am to attend a ski trip! The five of us from Toronto went for an early breakfast and moved out to Mt.St Louis around 8:30ish to meet up with 2 more friends coming from Missisauga.... ok ok, I admit I was a *little* bit out of it and zombie-like during breakfast; but I was charged up as we got to the mountains! To my surprised, the skies were beautiful, air crisp and clean, with the temperature excellent (+5deg) altho there were still snow covering the slopes...

As some of you might have known, I haven't skiied in 10 yrs, so I tried out snowblades (those shorter skiis). I couldn't believe that it was so fun! Not sure if it was due to the blades, or if my recent rollerblading/skating practices helped; I felt I was quite in control, and felt that it was easier than I originally suspected! Thanks for Gary/Miki/Ant for looking out and waiting for me as I tried to adapt to the blades :) I love the frequent 90 stops here and there to do quick turns, ha ha ha... i guess i'll never get good enuf to do it with my skates tho... ke ke....

Towards the end of the day, the slopes were getting icy as the temperature got warmer, and the snow got too compressed and began forming ice... it was dangerous although exciting as I braked on them... creating this cracking -ba ba ba ba ba- noise on the blades... ho ho. Gosh, now I'm really pondering in getting some personal snow boots and blades... ~ ka ka.. (note to self: godda try size 10 next time)

We played till 4:30 where all the lifts were closed and headed back out to TO... Boy! was I sore that nite, altho the sleep was good after a nice workout!

No comments: